This weekend I finished the Alegria quilt for Michelle (I'll get some pictures of the Alegria bluebirds when it stops raining so look for that post later in the week) and started playing with scraps again.
Last week my neighbor gave me an old three drawer dresser that fit perfectly in the corner of my sewing room. I reorganized and tidied a bit and have now eliminated all of the plastic bins from my sewing room. Yay! This has been a goal of mine for quite a while. I can ALMOST get everything put away. I also love that I now have a surface where I can set the iron when I adjust larger pieces of fabric and quilts on the ironing board. No fancy ironing set up here - an old wooden ironing board and a presteam iron- so a dresser top works great for a temporary resting spot for the iron.
I'm making more string pieced triangles like I used in Nancy but I plan to set these differently. I am hoping that by using up more scraps things will really get whipped into shape around here. Since I am building a triangle base I am easily able to use the triangle cut away scraps that have piled up from some recent quilts like this, this, and this.
I'm having so much fun piecing these that I may try a few different setting ideas. Maybe I'll make some smaller quilts. I haven't really dicided yet.
I just love the "parts" that you get when you work with small bits of fabric. Look at those little feet.