Well, it turns out that this pattern is easier to sew than the apple core. Or maybe I am more patient with it than I was with the other quilt. P helped pair the fabrics for this quilt and I have more than half of them sewn together. I do like that once the paired fabrics are sewn the finished block shape is a square. The final layout and sewing will be just like other quilts - quick sewing of squares.
We did a quick mock up on the floor of some of the blocks. Like half square triangles there are many different ways to put them together. Currently I am leaning toward the circle design shown here.
We also finished cutting up the tiny scraps and got everything neatly back into the scrap suitcase.