I used the vintage Simplicity pattern seen here to make P a new dress for school. We still have a few weeks before school starts but it is better to have these things finished ahead! I've done last minute school sewing before and it's not as much fun.We opted to use elastic in the bodice casing instead of the suggested ribbon and also used contrasting fabric for the collar and peek-a-boo pleat.
Here's an action shot. She wanted to make sure you could see the green fabric in the pleat.
And here's one more shot just because I thought we needed one with chickens. (I know the first photo has one too, but this one shows them better.) Those two are "teenagers" of this years new brood.
Last night I started making a Washi Dress for myself. Thank you Karen and Rae for teaching a very helpful class. It was fun to see a room full of people with very different body shapes start with the same pattern and each end up with a muslin bodice to fit their body. Seriously, it was like Advanced Potions class at Hogwarts. I am so happy to have the secrets of pattern fitting unlocked!
I am thrilled that I'll finally be able to make clothes for myself again! I used to make dresses YEARS ago when I fit into a standard pattern. Yeah, I'm talking about all the way back in high school. I can't wait to show you some finished Washi tops and dresses!