* for my family and the time that we are together. With D at U of M and M making his own college plans our family time seems much more precious. Any time we are all together is a time of thanks.
* that so many people are willing to give of themselves to make our community a wonderful place to live with many great opportunities for our children.
* that I have a home to keep out (most of) the wind and weather. Although our home is old, drafty and needs much work it is more than many people have.
* that we have a pantry and cellar full of food to help get us through the winter months. However, I do wish those hens would start laying again.
* for the friends and inspiration I have found in this online community. This really is a special place. Thank you to all who leave a comment or send an email and let me know you are out there. I enjoyed a recent email conversation with someone who moved to my hometown years after I left.
* for my health, eyesight, and ability to work with my hands.
* for the unending support of family and friends -especially my sisters who are always there for me no matter what, even when I am sure they would rather be doing something else.
Wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful day with family and friends.