Here is the finished spider web quilt. I had a really hard time deciding how to quilt this one.
I first quilted spirals in each web imitating the pattern of a web spun by a spider. Then I set it aside for quite a while until I decided on the quilting design for the background. I finally settled on a leafy vine as a setting for the webs.
It is now being enjoyed as our new couch quilt. I do love these scrappy quilts. I even pieced the binding from scrap strip pieces.
Please ignore the dust under the couch.
In case you were wondering - it was a very chilly and wet morning for the cross country meet.