Today was a brighter day. The sun came out and P and I rushed out for a walk around the fields. That was just what we needed. We came in refreshed and started in on our projects. She is still working on coloring and cut outs.
I, however, started something new.
I am using every last bit of that animal print, some scraps, and some non scrap (gasp) fabrics. It feels good to have the scrap bin under control so that I feel like I can use larger pieces of fabric. The whole little quilt is planned around the animal print. I measured the fabric (1/2 yard) and then figured that I could cut 3 six inch strips. I cut the strips into squares getting 18 squares and three left over bits. I cut one of the left over bits in half and sewed the halves to the other two left over bits. Now I have 20 six inch squares and no leftover animal fabric. The quilt will now have twenty blocks with animal print centers.
I bet you are on the edge of your seat waiting to see how it will look! I know I am.